Similar to woman who wear extremely uncomfortable high heels for fashion sake, I am unwilling to wear flip flop and sandals for fashion sake. This came to be about a year ago when I told a friend I thought a girl he was hanging out with was “fine”. Her response: “Was that the boy in the mandals?”
This was when I came to the realization that even though it is nice to have the wind blowing on my feet when its hot out, having exposed feet is rather unattractive. More so for men than woman but none the less I have comprised a list of footwear alternatives for hot weather. I understand that nothing is as open or free as a flip flop but sometimes you have to suffer for fashion.
But first, while on the subject – MEN – if you choose to wear sandals there are a few looks to stay away from:
- Sandals with cargo shorts: Would someone in the army ever wear sandals on the battle field?
- Jordan sandals with socks and gym shorts: Did you forget to change before you left the house?
And -LADIES -
- No chipped nail polish: shits grimey
- Dirty white flip flops: gross
- and in some cases Jordan sandal with socks and gym shorts
Tip: You might also want to try a boys size Puma ankle sock. Not only will you save money but you end up with a very thin and fitted sock that works great with all of these shoe options!
Guys Shoes For a Sandal-Free Summer
Creative Recreation Kaplan – Mesh – $30.99
Converse Chuck It Mesh Sneaker – $45.00